Thursday, February 25, 2010

Doxie Days!

My all time favorite dog in the whole entire world is the dachshund. Yes, the wiener dog. Personally, I have one of these delightfully long little fellows and everyday I am so happy to call him my own. They have such fun personalities and sometimes I could swear that my little guy is almost human. My favorite thing about him is when he sleeps in until noon, everyday, under the covers with his little head laying on my pillow.

I have been close, in the past, of re-organizing my handcrafted cottage into a wiener dog ranch. I might do it someday, you just watch!

Instead of fulfilling my dream of having a ranch dedicated solely to the preservation and celebration of the sausage dog, I shall present to you some fun Etsy finds on my favorite breed. That will have to do for now I suppose.
Normally I am not a broach person (with the exception of some very beautiful silk organza flower broaches from Every Day Diamonds of course). When I saw this little guy, however, I can’t help myself. Completely handmade from natural cherry wood, this dachshund measures 3.75” x 1.6”. Bright Color Art has done a fabulous job capturing the silhouette of this boisterous breed – they also have other breeds and many other types of cute animals to choose from!
Next is this fun leather bookmark from Lesley Toast. Entitled Twist in the Tale Bookmark and measuring 6” x 2”, I know that this would be a lasting friend to greet you every time you pick up a good book. This shop boasts many adorable bookmarks and I love that they are made out of leather, and therefore, made to last.
I have been a huge fan of Gemini Studio for a long time. Every single print in the shop is on my list of must-haves! My favorite, of course, is this Dachshund Coffee Company – Long Dog Roast print. Measuring 12” x 12”, printed with an archival matte finish, this image is full of whimsy and delight.
Another print that I love is this one from The Dog Lover. My little puppy (well, he’s 2 and a half years old so not really a puppy anymore) looks identical to this image. Measuring 8” x 10”, this dachshund print is by the artist L.A. Shepard on museum quality paper and with archival inks. It is also signed by the artist!

There is a surprisingly large amount of fabulous items listed on Etsy for dachshund pieces so this is just the tip of the iceberg. Feel free to leave me a comment with a listing to your favorite item that relates to your favorite breed of dog!



I also want to give a shout out to one of the coolest teams on Etsy - yes, you've guessed it...the Dachshund Team! If you are interested in joining here is a link to some information:

http://team.etsy.com/viewteam.php?id=518 There are some really talented Etsians who are part of this team - just to name a few:

Doxie Doodles:
Kritter Kraze:
Ylbb:

3 comments:

  1. how wonderful your blog is and everything that you have featured! thank you so much for all the dachshund team support! you are looooong on kindness!!! : ) thanks for sharing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the dachshund team promo and for the promo for our store. Sasha and I love it when this special breed gets a little PR. We are secretly hoping to have a wiener dog ranch someday, too. Dachshunds'rule!

    ReplyDelete