Monday, October 26, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...

As you have probably noticed, I have not posted anything in quite some time. This is a result of an overly fat schedule and a lack of good time management! Every time I take a glance at the computer I get a feeling of guilt wave over me, knowing that I've been neglecting my beloved cottage.

Well, I am here today and feeling great! The cottage is as beautiful as ever and is filled with so many beautiful finds, it's hard to know where to start. So in the spirit of arbitrarity (if I can make that a word) I would like to present you with a mixed bag, so to speak, of treasures that can make a home in my cottage any time.



This absolutely beautiful piece of reclaimed wall art is a must have for the cottage walls. Found in Monkey and Squirrel, I love the story behind their cast iron pieces. All rusty and forgotten, they are saved, cleaned and given a generous coating of love. As a person who is always loosing her keys in an infuriatingly large purse, this cast iron skeleton key would bring nothing but goodness to my hectic life!


There are certain things that we just know to be true in this world. And one of those truths is that we all need a little Audrey Hepburn in our lives. Now we can get one step closer to our inner "Audrey-ness" with this sleep mask, inspired by the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's! Offered in a variety of different colours and motifs, Lovely Art Dreams offers something truly unique for the glamour girl in your life.


Christmas is really not that far off and we at the cottage are thinking of a cute way to wish all our friends and family a happy holiday season. This SWEET photo card from Sweet Papers is the perfect way to keep in touch this upcoming Christmas. Having personally ordered items from this shop I can assure you that there is no better on Etsy. I love dealing with Sweet Papers and would recommend their services to you for any occasion!



When I saw this Marvelous Ms. Rabbit I fell in love. I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for stuffies and this one could perhaps take the top spot. Found in Bird and Little Bird's shop this little lady has all the makings of an heirloom piece. I also love that the shop offers the pattern for Ms. Rabbit so that you have the option of making her yourself. Another thing that this shop has done to win my heart - they also offer a (semi)Fantastic Mr. Fox - and anything that has anything to do with Roald Dahl is good by me.

Wow, after looking through my Etsy favorites I forgot how much I missed visiting my cottage and talking about my lovelies! I promise not to neglect you any further and to stay on top of all my Etsy treasure hunts. After all, we all need a little break every once in a while and what better way to spend our few minutes of calm than by sipping a lemon zinger tea and browsing through the cottage?

No comments:

Post a Comment