Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Time is a Tickin'

Love it or hate it, the holidays are just around the corner. Personally, I love it. This is my favorite time of year…it’s starting to cool down; the leaves are becoming crunchy and colourful. Before you know it, it’s Thanksgiving (if you are in Canada anyways) and then soon, Halloween. It’s starting to get colder and darker, the malls are getting busier. We pay homage to our brave veterans on a cool and crisp November day. Then, just as we least expect it, an e-mail goes around work promoting the office Christmas party. How can that be, it feels like it was just summer!?

Yes, it does go by that fast and if you are a true Etsian at heart, as we most definitely are here at the Hand Crafted Cottage, you must be prepared. There are so many amazing things on Etsy to help you prepare for all these upcoming events but you have to stay on top of things! You might find that perfect Halloween costume or Thanksgiving centerpiece but if you don’t order it on time, you my friend are certainly out of luck. This is especially true when looking for any Christmas items as almost everyone else will be attempting to monopolizing your favorite shop’s time as well.

With this in mind I set out to find my beautiful bébé the perfect Halloween costume. With Etsy at my finger tips I was confident that anything I could think out could be realized by one shop or another. I was right. Now this may seem odd but I really wanted my 14 month old daughter to dress up as Gene Simmons from KISS. Our family always jokes around, calling her our little Gene, because for some reason her tongue is always sticking out! As I came across Square Jane I knew I found the shop I dreamed of!


I immediately convo’ed the shop to inquire about my slightly odd request. NO PROBLEM! I loved dealing with Square Jane and adore her quirky sense of style. We convo’ed back and forth coming up with the ultimate Gene Simmons baby…complete with hair, KISS body suit, a cape, and boot toppers.

Square Jane was so quick to respond and work with me I felt like a truly valued customer. She made my costume at a phenomenal value and I couldn’t be more pleased. This is truly a costume that our family will remember forever and that’s part of what makes Halloween so special – I still have vivid memories of the pink unicorn costume my mom made for me when I was a toothless grinning eight year old!



I noticed that Square Jane has had many custom requests and I can definitely see why. You can get a witch or a clown costume anywhere but really, wouldn’t you rather go to a shop that has a sense of humor and can actually pull off a fly costume that looks totally awesome?! Her Elvis is pretty sweet too!

So, don’t say that I didn’t warn you – order your Halloween stuff now! Remember that a shop may have to make your items specific to your measurements so that takes time, plus shipping. I am so glad that I had the pleasure to work with Square Jane and trust me, we will be rocking and rolling all night long with our sweet little Gene baby on Halloween night!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the kind words. It was a treat to work with you. I love every second of my day when i am costuming... it's like celebrating Halloween for months!

    [ j ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! What a cool shop! I still need an idea as to what Logan can be!

    ReplyDelete